Monday, January 6, 2014

Santa Here I am!

Amused..

Chicago Extreme Cold: Weather in 'Chiberia' Colder Than South Pole!

At midnight, the temperature at O'Hare was 3 degrees below zero, which is the warmest temperature the city is likely to see throughout the entire day, National Weather Service meteorologist Matt Friedlein said.

A temperature of 16 degrees below zero was measured at O'Hare Airport later in the morning, breaking the record of 14 below zero set twice in 1884 and 1988 on Jan. 6, according to the National Weather Service.

That's colder than the South Pole in Antarctica, where the temperature was recorded at 11 degrees below zero at the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station before 8 a.m. It was also colder than Novosibirsk, a city in southwest Siberia, which was 6 degrees below zero, according to the Weather Channel.
The lowest temperature ever recorded in Chicago by the National Weather Service was 27 degrees below zero ..more here

Couldn't resist..my grandson and I enjoyed this video.. what a hoot! We have him another day due to extreme weather in New York City.. where my son and daughter in law are currently snagged!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!


5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it has been a long time.. I have been hearing on the news about Kilauea and the lava flow and I though of you! I hope you are safe..Sending my thoughts and prayers..EileeninMD

Unknown said...

Just imagine I read it twice. While I am not as accomplished on this topic, I concur with your closings because they make sense. Thanks and good luck to you.
free music games

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I've been thinking of you. I hope all is well with you and your family. I enjoyed the cute video. Have a happy day and week ahead!

Netster23 said...

HI Hi, just blog walking -- just want to see if some of us still blogging hahaha.

cheers

Self Sagacity said...

I just read one of your comments from a while ago on my blog and thought it was quite smart. Came to visit but looks like you haven't been active for sometime. Any how, hope you had a nice Christmas and a Happy new year 2017!

Let's be perfectly clear- the war on free speech is spiritual!