Sunday, November 28, 2010

Out of the Bed & Into The Pot

What was that?

Hmm..
Well, what might a pig pass
While running through the grass?


Maybe a humble mushroom
Peering through a log..


Beads of water perhaps
Collecting on some Tea
 Oh no..
I may be wrapped in that
If they can't find some Taro
But I know
 Banana leaves will do!

This Caterpillar told me
He'd be a Butterfly very soon
But I'd wind-up with Rosemary
Running out of Thyme
Slow cooking
In an Imu
Or
Someones great big Crock
At the start-
Easy recipe for Pull Apart Pork-
On Thanksgiving, ours was almost 9lbs..this one is about 8
Rock salt
Onions
Liquid smoke
 Got great raves (here)
But I followed this
(Here)- only I didn't triple it
Oh, I threw some apples in too-
**
(This is after 9 hours)

I don't eat pork often..but if your going to do it, this is my suggestion~




11 comments:

Leenie said...

What a fine contrast in photos. Shocked at the size and uglyness of the BIG wild pig. Smiling at the hounds riding home after the hunt for dinner. Amazed again at your truly awesome photos of the wet rain forest, the jewelry of water, the beauty of flower and those lizards everywhere. Then the yummyness of pulled pork. I've just gotten into trying my hand at that dish. Trying not to think about that black hairy pig together with the juicy meat on my plate. Thanks for the new recipes!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh, goodness, were you riding behind that porker? And there's dogs in there!! I'm adoring the cute orange umbrella mushroom! Those pink bloom thingies are a tea plant? It is so pretty! Did you have that pork for thanksgiving?

Lisa (Mountain Photog) said...

Great post! Funny photo of the wild boar in the back of the truck with the dogs. Love the water drops on the leaf and the hint of the frog (lizard?) peeking out from behind the greenery. Lovely. :)

rainfield61 said...

Looking at the supposed to be wild boar(?), I remember my car was hit by one of those on my way to Cerok Tokun.

I did think of carrying that boar of the similar size back home, but my car was just too small for it.

Kilauea Poetry said...

Ya..Leenie- gnarly isn't he!! I suppose it's easy to forget it all when we're in the grocery store (lol), thanks and it's often done the same for turkey and that (if you check the Imu link out)
Ginny, ya..oh I did but not this fellow (smile)
Hey Lisa..thanks for stopping in- hope your staying warm!
Rainfields, it's real..wow, they can be dangerous! Hey..that would be road kill (ha ha)

DIGITAL WORLD PAGES ARCHIVE said...

Hello!How are You?!

DIGITAL WORLD PAGES ARCHIVE said...

The first photo is very interesting for...
I have not seen before so black pig on the car...

DIGITAL WORLD PAGES ARCHIVE said...

Beautiful green photos...

DIGITAL WORLD PAGES ARCHIVE said...

Very little mushrooms...

Flat Creek Farm said...

What a humongous swine! I am thankful that we don't have any wild boars here.. I understand they can be vicious. Poor fella, but I'm sure the pork was delicious ;) Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving! -Tammy

MadSnapper said...

love the shadow lizard, and if that big pig was running through all these lovely things he would crush them or eat them or root up their roots. I'm way behind in answering emails and checking blogs, due to new laptop. later gator

Let's be perfectly clear- the war on free speech is spiritual!