Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Passing The Baton, Pt. 5- Our Legacy

This is the link to the final part of a series I wrote (Tracing Worldviews) - I don't have a follower thingy, so this is for those who may be interested in the read-
An excerpt-
You could say rebirth is like stepping into another dimension. Only then did I really begin to comprehend the battle between two opposing yet powerful Kingdoms. Before that, I couldn't see beyond all the confusion surrounding me. You could check out either poem-
Shattered Glass or the River?

What I feel is central in this conflict though, is really over the legacy the children of God are to bear..more importantly, our comprehension and response towards it. I think it all boils down to this kernel of truth:

We'll either pass along our spiritual legacy we have in Christ (the new creation) or what we possess naturally? Generally, we do both...

7 comments:

Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

I've read Shattered Glass before, and thought it an excellent piece of poetry, but more importantly, it expresses how life really is.

And how life changes the day we meet Jesus.

Your header photo is Exceptionally Beautiful!!!!

regards,
Eaton.

Kilauea Poetry said...

Wow, thanks for this read and the encouraging words Eaton. I haven't written much poetry in awhile but felt these applied..having gone through far too much. Honest, I'm just stoked you stopped by!

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Sorry for an irrelevant comment, but the header picture is just beautiful. Did you take it? :)

Forest Warbler

Kilauea Poetry said...

It's not irrelevant..yes I did- thanks-

Inday said...

I'll go and read it. Your poetry is highly substantial and a class on its own. Most times I feel short for words what to comment, so I leave it at that.

I'll come back in a minute.

Kilauea Poetry said...

Deeply appreciate that Bonnie! Likewise, I've never been to your blog and left feeling empty! I wondered where you went!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

I also enjoyed my visit here at your blog.

Let's be perfectly clear- the war on free speech is spiritual!