Thursday, August 6, 2009

So It's One Step Foreward



Gathered together
As representatives of the whole-
Of God's mind and intentions.
(I'm looking to the unseen)
We are living stones
Being fitted together..
So it's one step forward

Passed a cemetery
On the way home
I'd seen a plastic angel
Looking over a grave-
Then I asked myself,
Do I replace the organic
For symbols
Of what I won't walk out
In experience?
Maybe two steps backwards?
I shudder
An hope it's introspection?

Later scanning
An endless database
It is I,
Looking over names
Origins of far off countries
What could be my linage
In time once, but no more
My body feels so heavy,
Anchored like a ball an chain
I'd like to shake the dust
From my feet
An fly up to the clouds
Weightless, beyond the earth an sea

Then I could hear this song
Gathering momentum,
Just before yesterday caught up..
Lifted all my faith
&
Hopes-
Beyond those clouds to triumph

I'd cleaned the glass
Just to glimpse a better view-
On the tails of a full moon
When night descends..
And we are living stones
Being fitted together
So it's one step forward-

3 comments:

Regina said...

One step forward is the best.

DeniseinVA said...

Always good to read your words, and that photo is so interesting. Like the effect you've put on it.

Kilauea Poetry said...

Thank you both-

Let's be perfectly clear- the war on free speech is spiritual!